Thursday 8 November 2012

Sign writing is a great way to publicise Rotary

Electrical contractor and Past President of Otaki Rotary Chris Dungan recently took delivery of a new work vehicle.

Chris said “I’m now on the club’s PR committee, and as I’m always banging on about getting members to wear Rotary branded gear when we’re out and about, I felt it was time to put words into actions. So when I was getting the sign writing done, I got Wayne Kaye from Kaye Sign Service in the nearby town of Levin to include Rotary on half of the rear of the van”.

Chris feels that more Rotarians should include Rotary signage on work vehicles. “When you think of the huge number of Rotarians who own or run businesses with vehicles, we should be encouraging them to include Rotary in with their company branding” emphasised Chris. “At times I feel I’m a member of some arcane secret society. We should be letting people out there know that Rotarians are everywhere.”

How will you get the Rotary message across?